How to Prepare for the GAT :
The Graduate Assessment Test evokes fear In the hearts of most graduate students. The best way to overcome your fear is to dive In and prepare well. Follow these steps to taking the GAT in stride.
Time Required: One to Four Weeks (Optional)
Here’s how This Book can Help You:
1. Understand the Test:
Step one is to understand what you’re getting into. Get acquainted with the GAT and begin preparing with the thorough overview of the GAT (Part I). Most students are overwhelmed with questions about the exam. Seek answers to basic questions about the GAT. The Analytical Section is the source of much confusion among applicants.
Get a handle on the test by practicing with Practice Tests (Part VI). Learn about your weaknesses and devise strategies to overcome them.
3. Consider a review course:
GAT in depth review sections (Part III – V) can aid your preparation and help you overcome gaps In your competence.
Learn strategies for tackling the GAT (Part II), The Verbal and Quantitative Sutton are particularly challenging, so spend time learning strategies for the Verbal and Quantitative Sections.
How to Register?
The candidate is required to register for appearing in the test as scheduled by NTS. The registration process is given below:
Fill registration form (online) and bank deposit slip from NTS website www.nts.org.pk. (Online Registration form IS available on website only).
Deposit Rs. 1000/(One Thousand only) for GAT General Test through online bank deposit slip in the online branches of MCB. UBL, HBL or ABL. (See bank service charges on deposit slip).
Upload photograph (l x 1.5 inch) at this online registration form.
All candidates are required to upload their photographs with full face exposure. Do not send any documents other than original bank deposit slip.
How to Fill the Registration Form?
Select your rest city for desired test center choice.
Please write your valid email address as your roll number. test center and other information will be sent to you at this email address (keep checking your emails regularly).
Roll number slips and result cards will be sent through courier service. Give valid and clear address where delivery is certain. Candidates must fill the “postal address”, “postal city” and “postal city district” in their online registration forms to receive the test roll number slip and result card.
In academic record portion, write down your major subjects and percentage of secured marks in two digits only, forms having any information other than percentage will not be processed. ln academic record column “Board / University” (please write only particular board name in abbreviation (e.g. FBISE lsiamabad. BISE Rawalpindi. BISE Cujranwala. BISE Abbottabad etc.
Incomplete or improperly filled registration forms will not be processed.
Please stay interactive with our website for eligible candidates list, test venue and all related information: www.nts.org.pk
Post your original deposit slip to NTS Islamabad.
Note: By hand submission of deposit slip will not be accepted.
The candidates will be required to apply for admission in the universities as per their respective announcements along with a copy of the NTS result card.
Provisional eligible candidates list will be displayed on our website on first come first served basis of the registration (within one week of the receipt of last date of submission of online registration form).
Final eligible candidates list will be uploaded 2 days after last date of provisional list. Roll number and test center will be allotted in final eligible candidate list.
The roll number slips will be dispatched by NTS about 10 days prior to the test date. NTS will dispatch the result cards within 7 days after the test date.
Test Day instructions:
please follow these instructions carefully:
Reporting time at test centre as specified on roll number slip.
No candidate will be admitted in the test centre after specified time.
Candidates will have to produce their roll number slips at the entry point of the test centre.
Without the roll number slip no candidate will be entertained for the test.
Composition of Test:
Question booklets will be in five different shuffles.
Each question booklet will be sealed and opened by the candidatesat the start of test.
Do not break the seal till the test starts.
No candidate will be allowed to leave the seat during the test except.
for an un-avoidable reason e.g toilet usage, that to in the escort of an invigilator.
All papers will be collected at the end of test and no candidate will be allowed to move from the seat till the final count after the collection of the paper.
Do not bring calculators, mobile phones and wrist watches with calculator in the test center.
About Shading / Filling the Circle:
- Shading / filling of two answers against single question is wrong. It will be marked ZERO.
- Over writing and cutting near answer circle or anywhere on answer sheet will distract the readability and may be marked ZERO in the specific answer circle.
- Only use Blue or Black Ball pen to shade / fill the circles.
- Do not bring any other stationary item including rough / extra sheets as two blank sheets for rough work are placed inside the question booklet.
- Use of any other material that is not provided by NTS will be illegal and subject to disciplinary action.
- Do not write anything on question booklet except your NAME, ROLL NUMBER and SIGN on the front title of question booklet before attempting the questions.
- The questions booklet will be taken back after the test is over, so do not attempt to tear or remove any page from question booklet. No one is allowed to keep any part of it.
- Do not ask the invigilation staft about the content of questions. They are not allowed to explain or correct any question in the paper.
- The checking system has the capability to determine the erroneous questions and adjust accordingly.
- Every candidate is required to sign the attendance sheet, brought to her him by the invigilators. The roll number slips will also be collected by the same staff after the attendance is completed.
- You are bound to NTS discipline rules till you leave the test center premises Any disturbance in any way caused by you will disqualify you frorm the test and NTS reserves the rights to carry out legal action against such attempt.
The chief supervisor has complete authority to cancel any paper at any stage if the activities of the candidate are found against the discipline.
Buy this product at my website at a very good discount: 20% off